Appearance Review Commission
The Appearance Review Commission shall have the following powers and duties, to be carried out in accordance with the terms of the Zoning Ordinance:
- To review and pass on all applications for an Appearance Review Certificate as set forth in Article 4, Part 9 of this Chapter; and
- To issue preliminary appearance review recommendations for developments which involve review by another Board or Commission, including but not limited to the Plan Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals; and
- To hear all requests for variations from the provisions of the Sign Ordinance (Article 9 of this Chapter) and to make recommendations to the Board of Trustees for the granting or denial of such requests; and
- To recommend variations from the Sign Ordinance for properties subject to appearance review, provided that such variations do not conflict with the general intent of the Sign Ordinance or the purpose and objectives of the appearance review process; and
- To hear appeals from actions taken by the Director of Community Development in administering the Sign Ordinance and to make recommendations to the Board of Trustees for the disposition of such appeals; and
- To adopt such rules of procedure, not in conflict with this Chapter or other applicable ordinances, as are necessary for the administration of its duties consistent with the terms of this Chapter.
The Appearance Review Commission meets the first Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Training Room at Village Hall.
Tim Sheridan, Chairman
Commissioners serve a five year term, for a maximum of two terms.
If you are interested in serving on this or any other board or commission, complete and submit the talent bank questionnaire found here.