Village of Wilmette Departments
- WCTV-6 is Wilmette Community Television, the Government Access Channel for the Village. Residents may watch the Channel 6 Bulletin Board to get important information about Village activities, events, meeting notices and agendas. Also watch for local programs, including live coverage of Village Board meetings
- Community Development
- The Community Development Department is responsible for the functions relating to land use in the Village. The Department coordinates the majority of permits and inspections required by the Village Code, including those for home or property improvements. Community Development also handles code enforcement matters.
- The Engineering Department is responsible for the design and inspection of all public construction within the Village rights-of-way. This includes streets, curbs, sidewalks, street lights, sewer lines, and water lines.
- The Finance Department provides financial management and support to the Village Board, Commissions and all Village departments. Services provided by the Finance Department include the sale of Village permits, licenses and real estate transfer stamps as well as water and sewer billing.
- The Fire Department provides fire suppression, Emergency Medical Service, fire prevention, special rescue, and fire safety education.
- The Health Department protects and promotes health and prevents disease throughout the community. The Department provides for the sanitation and nuisance abatement of the environment, the surveillance, monitoring and control of communicable disease, community health education, and direct community health services.
- Historical Museum
- The Historical Museum is funded through a partnership between the Village and Wilmette Historical Society. The Museum is dedicated to exploring, preserving and sharing the lively history of Wilmette and the North Shore.
- Information Services
- The Information Services Department is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Village's information technology. The department recommends goals and objectives for organization wide information services, installs hardware and software, and coordinates selection and monitors performance of consultants and vendors involved in systems development.
- The Police department provides a full range of law enforcement services, responding to nearly 20,000 calls each year.
- Public Works
- The Public Works Department consists of the Forestry, Street, Street Lighting, Water & Sewer, and Vehicle Maintenance Divisions. The various divisions operate and maintain infrastructure for Wilmette's public streets, street lighting, right-of-way maintenance, trees, water distribution system, sewer collection system, and refuse, recycling and yard waste collection.
- Village Manager's Office
- Under the direction of the Village Board, the Village Manager's Office oversees, coordinates and provides leadership to the professional day-to-day administration of all Village departments. The Village Manager's Office is the center point of communication between the President and Village Board, the various Village departments and the citizenry
- Water Plant
- The Water Plant serves approximately 100,000 customers in Wilmette, Glenview and Prospect Heights. The Water Plant has an Illinois Department of Public Health certified laboratory where chemical and microbiological tests are conducted daily to ensure that the highest quality of water is produced.
Wilmette Village Hall