Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste Program
The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with a wheeled refuse toter from Advanced Disposal. Households that subscribe to "back-door" service (who do not have alley access) must provide their own refuse container with a maximum capacity of 32 gallons and weighing less than 50 lbs. All households are provided with a wheeled recycling toter from Advanced Disposal, including residents who subscribe to "back-door" service.
Advanced Disposal provides the following services:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection every Wednesday (from the first Wednesday in April to the last Wednesday in November)
- Construction debris removal - one cubic yard per week at no cost
- White Good/Appliance removal - no charge, call Advanced Disposal to schedule
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items - no charge, collected on regular collection day
- Latex paint collection - unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Toter Maintenance - no charge, replace broken or damaged toters and lids
- "Back-door" service (optional) - refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014 - March 2015) paid directly to Advanced Disposal.
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (optional) - $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014 - March 2015) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
If you experience a missed collection: please contact the Public Works Department at email@example.com or 847-853-7500. For more information regarding specifics of the program and guidelines for the collection of white goods, bulk items, and construction debris, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or click on the links below.
Holiday Delays: The following holidays are recognized as refuse collection holidays by the Village's contractor. Collection services will not occur on these days, therefore your collection may be delayed one day. Yard waste, which is normally collected on Wednesday for the entire Village, will be collected on Thursday instead.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Village Brochure Highlighting 2010 Changes
Village Contracts with Advanced Disposal Services