All yard waste will be collected on Wednesday of each week, starting the first week in April through the last Wednesday in November. Yard waste is collected by a private hauler, Advanced Disposal Services (formerly known as Veolia). Additional guidelines of the program are listed below.
Yard Waste Collection Guidelines:
- Only acceptable yard waste material placed into biodegradable, brown paper bags (32-gallons maximum) or in properly tied bundles with an official Village yard waste sticker affixed will be collected.
- Furthermore, branch bundles must be less than four (4) feet in length, contain branches having a maximum diameter of three (3) inches, be wrapped with a natural twine only, and weigh 50 lbs or less.
- Residents have the option of leasing a 96-gallon yard waste toter directly from Advanced Disposal. The cost to lease the toter is $24 per year and can be arranged by calling Veolia directly at 847-272-4145. Each toter must have three yard waste stickers attached to receive collection.
- Examples of acceptable yard waste material include: shrub trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, twigs and garden waste.
- Yard Waste DOES NOT include: whole bushes, root balls or soil.
- Yard waste collections are made from only one location at each residential property. For residents having alley access, place yard waste in the alley. Residents without alley access must place their yard waste at the curb.
- Yard waste should be placed at the designated location no earlier than 4:00 pm the day before, and no later than 7:00 am the day of collection.
- Biodegradable Yard Waste bags and official Village Yard Waste Stickers ($2.25 per sticker) are available for purchase at the following locations:
Wilmette Village Hall 1200 Wilmette Avenue
Chalet Nursery & Garden Shop 3132 Lake Avenue
Jewel Food Stores Green Bay Rd./Plaza del Lago
Linden Hardware 411 Linden Avenue
Millen Hardware 1219 Wilmette Avenue