2012 Proposed Budget Now Available
Oct 10, 11
The 2012 Budget is now available for review below. The Village Board challenged Village staff to present a 2012 Budget that would do the following:
- Drive down the projected growth in the property tax levy
- Maintain Village services
- Submit a balanced budget that did not rely on using reserve funds
The 2012 Budget as presented maintains Village services, including police, fire and public works, and is balanced.
The budget projects a 3.69% property tax increase -- the smallest percentage increase since 1999. The components of the 3.69% increase are:
- Funding debt service for bonds issued in the past for road improvements and other critical Village infrastructure and facilities.
- Funding short term borrowing for real property purchases.
- Funding additional employee pension obligations mandated by the State of Illinois.
A more detailed review of the budget can be found by clicking on the links below. The Village Board will be holding a Budget Workshop on Thursday, October13th at 7:00pm in the Second Floor Training Room of Village Hall.
Village Manager's Transmittal Letter
2012 Proposed Budget