Home Page
Village Hall: (847) 251-2700
 

Power Outages

If Your power goes out,  remain calm, call ComEd at -800-EDISON1 to report the power outage, and follow these steps: 
  • Do not call 911.
  • Use a flashlight for emergency lighting instead of candles.
  • Turn off electrical appliances you were using when the power went out.
  • Avoid opening the refrigerator and freezer so they will stay cold.
  • Listen to your battery-powered radio for updated information.
  • Assist family or neighbors who may become ill from extreme heat or cold
  • If you need to cook, use a grill or camp stove outdoors, or use your fireplace. Canned food can be heated up and eaten right out of the can (be sure to open the can and remove the label before you heat it).
  • Never run a generator, grill or kerosene heater inside a home or garage as these can cause house fires or release poisonous fumes.

Departments

 
 
1200 Wilmette Ave., Wilmette, IL 60091
P. (847) 251-2700 F. (847) 853-7700
Village Hall Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
© Village of Wilmette. All Rights Reserved | Web design and development by americaneagle.com