Halloween Trick or Treat hours are from 4 – 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31. The Wilmette Police Department offers the following tips for a safe and spooky Halloween:
- Children should only go to homes where parents know the residents.
- Stay on the porch or front steps to receive treats.
- Children should cross the street at the intersection, not in the middle of the street or between parked cars.
- Adults should inspect all candy before it is eaten.
- Costumes should allow the child to see and hear perfectly. Little ghosts and goblins should be able to hear and see vehicles.
- Costumes should be bright colored or have glow in-the-dark patches so drivers can see the children. Flashlights and glow sticks can help!
- Go with the kids! It’s safer for them.