New Permanent Electronics Recycling Site
A permanent drop-off site for electronics recycling is now open to Wilmette residents 24 hours each day at the Public Works Facility, 711 Laramie Avenue. There is a 20-yard dumpster (pictured) located in the south driveway in which residents can drop off items to be recycled.
The back of the dumpster will remain open to make dropping off large items easier. Representatives from Advanced Disposal will be available at the site on the second Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. – noon and can assist residents with larger items.
The following is a full list of acceptable items:
- Answering Machines
- Cable Boxes and Receivers
- Cell Phones
- Computer cable
- Computer monitors
- Computers (Desktops, Notebooks, Tablets)
- Converter Boxes
- DVD, BluRay, VHS Recorders and Players
- Fax Machines
- MP3 Players
- Portable Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Power Tools or Cords
- Printers (Multi-function Printers)
- Satellite Receivers
- Stereo Equipment (no wood)
- Televisions (All Types)
- Small Home Appliances (Toasters, Blenders, Microwaves)
- Video Game Consoles
- Zip Drives
For more information about electronics recycling, please click here.