Updated Monday, May 18 at 2:40pm
Many residents are experiencing flooding after yesterday’s significant rainfall. Please follow these steps to share critical information with our Engineering team.
- Fill out this survey to provide critical information to the Village’s Engineering Department.
- Contact the Engineering & Public Works by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (847) 853-7500 during normal business hours or (847) 256-1200 after hours.
Updated Sunday, May 17 at 8:30pm
Due to pressure on the Village’s storm sewer system, there are manhole covers in various locations throughout the Village that are popping off. Please do not attempt to clear sewer grates or inlets due to this hazard and let the water recede on its own. Proceed with caution.
Here is some important information to protect your family and your home:
- To report any overland or street flooding issues, please call (847) 853-7500 during normal business hours or (847) 256-1200 after hours.
- Do not drive into standing water, since you cannot tell its depth and there may be hidden debris or hazards in the water.
- If you have a sump pump, test it. If you have a battery backup, perform a test on the battery.
- Refrain from doing laundry, using dish washers and other activities that will direct more waste water into the sewer system
- If your basement is prone to foundation seepage or flooding, consider moving belongings and valuables off the basement floor in areas where seepage or other water penetration is known to occur.