Village of Wilmette Fire Department and UL Partner to Educate Fire Personnel and the Public about Spontaneous Combustion

The Village of Wilmette Fire Department and UL have partnered to increase education about the potential hazards from discarded oil-soaked rags and the risk of auto ignition—or a fire that starts from a chemical reaction without a flame. After two significant house fires in Wilmette where this was the cause, Wilmette’s Fire Chief Ben Wozney reached out to Northbrook-based UL to assist in developing educational materials to help people understand the risk and take the necessary safety measures.

Click here to view the press release which includes additional information, public educational videos, and relevant resources.

 

This post was published on 7/28/20.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!