The 2020 Leaf Collection Program begins the week of October 12th. Please be mindful of posted parking bans. Click here to view the collection schedule.
Residents who live on side streets are asked to rake leaves to the curb. Residents who live on arterial streets (Lake Ave, Wilmette Ave, Sheridan Rd, Green Bay Rd, Ridge Rd, Skokie Blvd and Hibbard Rd) should place leaves on the parkway behind the curb due to heavy traffic.
Please remember these guidelines for safe and smooth collection:
- Please remember to rake your loose leaves to the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day of a two-day collection window. You will only receive collection on one of the two scheduled days.
- Street parking is prohibited on scheduled leaf collection days to allow heavy equipment to safely access leaf piles. Wilmette Police will be actively ticketing vehicles parked in posted “no parking” zones.
- Occasionally, leaf collection crews may be in your area ahead of schedule. When this occurs, we will always return on one of your scheduled collection days, so please be mindful of posted parking restrictions.
- Do not park on the street until the street has been swept. Because of the time needed to thoroughly sweep the street, the street sweepers may be several hours behind the leaf collection trucks. Cars will be cited for parking on the street prior to the completion of street sweeping.
- Only loose leaved will be collected, leaves cannot be bagged, and branches, tree stumps, shrubs, and other types of yard waste are prohibited. Please avoid raking leaves onto the street until two days prior to your scheduled collection day to prevent the clogging of storm drains.
- If your curbside waste collection coincides with leaf collection, please place refuse, recycling and yard waste/compost toters three feet behind the curb.
If you have any additional questions regarding the leaf collection program, contact the Public Works Department at 847-853-7500 or email@example.com.
This post was updated on 10/30/20.