Subsequent to the State of Illinois’ announcement that Region 10 (Suburban Cook County) would move from Tier 1 mitigations to Phase 4 of the COVID-19 Restore Illinois Plan, the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) issued Mitigation Order 2021-1 to outline its approach to delaying the full implementation of Phase 4.
CCDPH is the certified local health department for suburban Cook County, therefore their order supersedes the State’s declaration. CCDPH decided a more cautious approach would be best for the population. CCDPH has indicated that they will review regional metrics in the comings weeks to assess future mitigation efforts.
Please adhere to the following guidelines laid out in the CCDPH mitigation order. For full information on CCDPH guidance please visit their website.
- Indoor service is limited to the lesser of 25 patrons or 25% of capacity per room
- Food must be available at all times in order to offer indoor service
- Indoor and outdoor table size limited to no more than six people
- Table placement must allow for parties to be seated 6 feet apart from one another
- Bar seating allowed with 6 ft between parties
- All staff must be masked at all times. Patrons are required to be masked unless actively eating
- No congregating of patrons allowed prior to being seated
- Outdoor dining, carry-out and delivery services remain open
Meetings, Social Events, and Gatherings
- Indoor events allowed at the lesser of 25% capacity, or a maximum of 25 individuals. Events must follow indoor dining guidelines
Indoor, Outdoor, and Recreational Activities
- Parks, Outdoor Attractions – Limited to the lesser of 40% capacity, or a maximum of 100 individuals, while practicing social distancing
- Indoor Recreation Centers – Limited to the lesser of 40% capacity, or a maximum of 50 individuals per space
- Organized Group Recreational Activities – Limited to the lesser of 40% capacity, or a maximum of 50 individuals per space and Illinois All Sports Policy is to be followed
- Fitness centers limited to a maximum of 40% capacity
- Indoor fitness classes limited to 15 individuals and outdoor fitness classes limited to 50 individuals
- Indoor space limited to the lesser of 40% capacity or 50 individuals, while practicing social distancing
- If a service requires the removal of face coverings (e.g., facials, beard trimmings) employees must wear both a mask and eye protection (e.g. face shield, protective glasses)
- General Merchandise Stores – Limited to a maximum of 40% capacity
- Grocery Stores and Pharmacies – Limited to a maximum of 50% capacity