Wilmette thinks Halloween is a spooktacular time for families and neighborhoods, trick-or-treating is planned from 4:00 to 8:00pm on Sunday, October 31! To keep things fun and safe this year, we encourage you to be smart and do your part!
- Plan a costume that has a fun mask, practice physical distancing and make sure you wash your hands after you get home!
- Neighbors can leave a bowl of treats at the end of your front sidewalk and sit on your porch to wave at the kids walking the neighborhood. This allows kids to safely walk the neighborhood while maintaining physical distance.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Put electronic devices down, keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street. Make eye contact with drivers before crossing.
- Drivers should slow down and be especially alert; children are excited and may move in unpredictable ways.
This post was published on 9/20/21.