The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) announced that starting Monday, February 28, the county will no longer require that individuals wear masks inside public places or show proof of vaccination. CCDPH, in alignment with the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago, is planning to lift Mitigation Order 2021-11. The lifting of the order means:
- Mask will no longer be required in all indoor public places for the general public
- Masks will continue to be required in some settings per the State or CDC and generally include healthcare settings, public transportation, and congregate care settings.
- Proof of vaccination for patrons of businesses covered by the order will no longer be required.
- Proof of vaccination or weekly testing for employees covered by the order will no longer be required.
- These businesses included but were not limited to include indoor dining establishments, event spaces, recreation and entertainment venues, and indoor settings for recreation and exercise.
This post was published 2/28/22.