The Sesquicentennial Planning Committee and the Village of Wilmette are excited to announce “THE Wilmette Block Party” to celebrate Wilmette’s 150th Birthday on September 10 in the Village Center
THE Wilmette Block Party festivities, which are being presented by North Shore Community Bank, a Wintrust Community Bank, will kick off at 11:00 a.m. and include the following:
- Parade of dignitaries being led by the Loyola Academy Marching Band,
- Welcoming remarks from Village President Plunkett,
- Music from the Wilmette Community Band, and
- Performance from the Jesse White Tumblers.
The day is packed with musical entertainment including the following performances:
Main Stage (sponsored by F.J. Kerrigan Plumbing Co.)
- Hoopla at 1:30 p.m.
- Antler Chandelier at 3:30 p.m.
- One Night Band at 5:30 p.m.
- Local school performances at 11:00 a.m.
- Miss Jamie and the Farmhands at 2:00 p.m.
Featured Performance (presented by Ballyhoo Hospitality North Shore Restaurants: Sophia Steak, Pomeroy, and Buck Russell’s)
- Tributosaurus, playing as the Rolling Stones at 8:00 p.m.
In addition, there will be tons of family activities available in the Kid’s Zone open from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. along with great food and beverage options.
This event is the culmination of a year of celebrations and a great way to commemorate Wilmette’s 150th birthday with family, friends, and neighbors. Thank you to all of our many Sesquicentennial sponsors, including Oak Sponsors, Canning and Canning LLC and Rotary Club of Wilmette Harbor and Birch Sponsor, CIBC.
For more information on the Village’s Sesquicentennial, including Wilmette History, ways to get involved, and other upcoming events, visit www.wilmette150.org.