The Wilmette Police Department is now accepting applications and hiring up to six police officers! See the minimum requirements below and click here for the application portal.
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
2023 Salary Range: $86,085 – $113,412
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline by application deadline. You may still apply if you are graduating in the Spring of 2023. You will be required to show proof of degree obtainment by date of administrative interview the first week of June.
- U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be 21 years of age, but under 35 years of age by the application deadline.
- The ability to perform the essential functions for the position of Police Officer as described by the Department.
- Submit proof of passing the Illinois POWER test within the past year as of 4/27/2023 (POWER test cards considered valid if issued 4/27/2022 – 4/27/2023).