The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with wheeled refuse and recycling toters from Advanced Disposal.
If you experience a missed collection please contact Public Works at email@example.com or 847-853-7500. For more information about the solid waste program, please utilize the links below.
Advanced Disposal provides the following services:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection once per week (April – Nov only)
- Curbside Food Scrap Composting once per week (April – Nov only) — NEW in 2019!
- Electronics recycling drop-off at the Public Works Facility
- Construction debris removal – one cubic yard per week at no cost
- White Good/Appliance removal – no charge, call Advanced Disposal to schedule (847-272-4145)
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items – no charge, collected on regular collection day
- Latex paint collection – unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Free Toter Repair – call Advanced Disposal (847-272-4145) to replace broken or damaged toters and lids
- “Back-door” service (optional) – refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (optional) – $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
Household Chemical Disposal: For information about permanent drop-off sites and one-day collections, please visit the website for the Solid Waste Agency of Cook County (SWANCC): https://www.swancc.org/chemicals. Small business owners should also check out this resource, published by the US Environmental Protection Agency: Managing Your Hazardous Waste: A Guide for Small Businesses.
Collection services will not occur on the following holidays; therefore, your refuse, recycling, and yard waste collection may be delayed one day.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Village Contracts with Advanced Disposal Services