The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with wheeled refuse and recycling toters from Advanced Disposal.
If you experience a missed collection please contact Public Works at email@example.com or 847-853-7500. For more information about the solid waste program, please utilize the links below.
Advanced Disposal provides the following services:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection once per week (April – Nov only)
- Curbside Food Scrap Composting once per week (April – Nov only) — NEW in 2019!
- Electronics recycling drop-off at the Public Works Facility
- Construction debris removal – one cubic yard per week at no cost
- White Good/Appliance removal – no charge, call Advanced Disposal to schedule (847-272-4145)
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items – no charge, collected on regular collection day
- Latex paint collection – unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Free Toter Repair – call Advanced Disposal (847-272-4145) to replace broken or damaged toters and lids
- “Back-door” service (optional) – refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014 – March 2015) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (optional) – $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014 – March 2015) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
The following holidays are recognized as refuse collection holidays by the Village’s contractor. Collection services will not occur on these days, therefore your collection may be delayed one day. Yard waste, which is normally collected on Wednesday for the entire Village, will be collected on Thursday instead.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Village Contracts with Advanced Disposal Services