The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with wheeled refuse and recycling toters from Advanced Disposal.
NOTE: In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Advanced Disposal is implementing the following changes to ensure the safety of their employees, customers and the public:
- All trash/refuse and recycling must be placed in the company designated cart or a can with handles ONLY if you do not have a cart. **Loose items outside of the container WILL NOT be collected.** Customers with extra services such as back-door services will not be impacted.
- All bulky item pickup/collection is suspended until further notice.
- At this time, yard waste service is unaffected by the changes. Yard waste stickers can be purchased at Jewel stores and Millen Hardware.
The Village has also suspended monthly Saturday drop-offs for electronics recycling until further notice, but residents can still use the electronics recycling dumpster located at the Public Works Facility (711 Laramie Ave.) Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Questions? Please contact Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-853-7500. Employees are available during regular hours of 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you experience a missed collection please contact Public Works at email@example.com or 847-853-7500. For more information about the solid waste program, please utilize the links below.
New Year’s Day | Memorial Day | Independence Day | Labor Day | Thanksgiving Day | Christmas Day
The following services are provided to each residence in Wilmette:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection once per week (April – Nov only)
- Curbside Food Scrap Composting once per week (April – Nov only) — NEW in 2019!
- Electronics recycling drop-off at the Public Works Facility
- Construction debris removal – one cubic yard per week at no cost
- White Good/Appliance removal – no charge, call Advanced Disposal to schedule (847-272-4145)
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items – no charge, collected on regular collection day
- Latex paint collection – unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Free Toter Repair – call Advanced Disposal (847-272-4145) to replace broken or damaged toters and lids
Extra Services – contact Advanced Disposal at 847-272-4145 to sign up:
- “Back-door” service (optional) – refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (optional) – $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- Additional toter rental – $27.54 per year (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
Village Contracts with Advanced Disposal Services