The Village contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia) for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with wheeled refuse and recycling toters from Advanced Disposal.
NOTE: Bulk Item Collection Resumed Monday, May 11. Advanced Disposal has determined that is safe for their drivers to resume bulk collection while continuing to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Please help Advanced Disposal’s crews transition back to bulk collection service by refraining from putting out large piles all at once.
Monthly Saturday drop-offs for electronics recycling at the Public Works Facility (711 Laramie Ave) will resume on 7/11/20.
If you experience a missed collection please contact Public Works at email@example.com or 847-853-7500. For more information about the solid waste program, please utilize the links below.
New Year’s Day | Memorial Day | Independence Day | Labor Day | Thanksgiving Day | Christmas Day
The following services are provided to each residence in Wilmette:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection once per week (April – Nov only)
- Curbside Food Scrap Composting once per week (April – Nov only) — NEW in 2019!
- Electronics recycling drop-off at the Public Works Facility
- Construction debris removal – one cubic yard per week at no cost
- White Good/Appliance removal – no charge, call Advanced Disposal to schedule (847-272-4145)
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items – no charge, collected on regular collection day
- Latex paint collection – unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Free Toter Repair – call Advanced Disposal (847-272-4145) to replace broken or damaged toters and lids
Extra Services – contact Advanced Disposal at 847-272-4145 to sign up:
- “Back-door” service (optional) – refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (optional) – $16.35 per month (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
- Additional toter rental – $27.54 per year (rate effective April 2014) paid directly to Advanced Disposal
Village Contracts with Advanced Disposal Services