The Village contracts with Waste Management for its Solid Waste Collection. All households are provided with wheeled refuse and recycling toters from Waste Management.
If you experience a missed collection or have a broken/damaged toter, please contact Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-853-7500.
For more information about the solid waste program, please utilize the links below.
New Year’s Day | Memorial Day | Independence Day | Labor Day | Thanksgiving Day | Christmas Day
Collection services will be delayed by one day for the above holidays. For example, if Christmas Day falls on a Thursday, the Thursday route will be collected on Friday, and the Friday route on Saturday. The normal schedule will resume on the following Monday.
The following services are provided to each residence in Wilmette:
- Refuse collection once per week
- Recycling collection once per week
- Yard Waste collection once per week (April – Nov only)
- Curbside Food Scrap Composting once per week (April – Nov only)
- Electronics recycling drop-off at the Public Works Facility
- Construction debris removal – one cubic yard per week at no cost ($23.58 for each additional yard)
- White Good/Appliance removal – no charge, call Waste Management to schedule (847-272-4145)
- Furniture, carpeting, and other household bulk items – no charge for items less than 50 pounds, collected on regular collection day (items weighing over 50 pounds can be collected by Waste Management for a fee of $50 per item. The collection fees for unusually large items, such as pianos, will be quoted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Waste Management at 847.272.4145 to schedule collection and arrange payment.)
- Latex paint collection – unlimited, liquid must be solidified and lid removed
- Free Toter Repair – call Waste Management (847-272-4145) to replace broken or damaged toters and lids
Extra Services (rates effective 2021) – contact Waste Management at 847-272-4145 to sign up:
- “Back-door” service – refuse only, for residents with no alley access, $16.79 per month paid directly to Waste Management. Residents selecting this option and must provide their own 32-gallon refuse containers. Twice weekly Back-door Service is $50.26 per month.
- 2nd weekly refuse pick-up (curb or alley customers) – $16.79 per month paid directly to Waste Management.
- Additional toter rental – $28.30 per toter, per year paid directly to Waste Management.
Village Contracts with Waste Management and previous contracts with Advanced Disposal Services
- Residential Solid Waste Services Agreement
- First Amendment to Solid Waste Contract
- Second Amendment to Solid Waste Contract
- Commercial and Institutional Solid Waste Services Agreement
- Village Brochure Highlighting 2010 Changes
This page last updated 9/7/23.