The Village utilizes a private refuse hauler, Advanced Disposal to provide weekly refuse collection for each residence. Refuse collection occurs on the same day as recycling collection, however, these collections will be made at different times as separate trucks are used.
Refuse Collection Guidelines:
- In 2010, each residence received one wheeled toter for refuse collection. If you would like to change the size of your toter or obtain additional toters, please contact Advanced Disposal directly at 847-272-4145.
- Residents physically unable to utilize the larger 64- or 96-gallon toters may request a 35-gallon toter by contacting Advanced Disposal. There will be a $50 charge to upgrade from a 35-gallon toter at anytime.
- Refuse collection is once per week and is unlimited. Additional bagged refuse materials can be set neatly next to the refuse toter for collection.
- Refuse toters can be placed out as early as 4:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled collection.
- Refuse toters must be placed out no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
- For residences with alley access, place refuse toters in the alley (away from the garage and clear of any obstructions).
- For residents with no alley, place refuse toters within four feet of the curb. Ensure that all toters are spaced at least 2 ft. apart when placed out for collection.
- Residents who are interested in “back-door” collection service at an additional cost and/or second weekly pick-up, please contact Advanced Disposal directly to register for this service and make payment arrangements. Please note: residents who have alley access are not eligible for back door service. Back-door service is only available for refuse collection; recycling toters will still need to be placed at the curb.
- Construction Debris: Advanced Disposal will collect up to one cubic yard of construction debris each week at no cost. Such items are: interior/exterior household construction, remodeling and repair projects, such as: drywall, plywood and paneling pieces, lumber and other building materials, windows, doors, cabinets, carpeting, disassembled bathroom and kitchen fixtures; and small amounts of sod, earth, clay, sand, concrete, rocks, and similar material. Construction debris should be placed inside the refuse toter whenever possible. For additional volume that exceeds one cubic yard, contact Advanced Disposal directly to schedule a special pick-up and arrange for payment.
- Special Collections: Bulky items will automatically be collected on your normal refuse collection day at no cost. These items include household materials that are too large to deposit in the refuse toters, such as: furniture, storm doors and windows, metal and wood products and machine parts not weighing more than 50 lbs. Other items include: mattresses, carpet rolls (each roll cannot exceed 5 ft. in length or 50 lbs in weight), bicycles, couches, chairs, tables and book cases at no cost. Residents that have alley access, must place these items in the alley. For residents with no alley access, place items at the curb.
- White Goods (appliances): Advanced Disposal collects old appliances, such as: washers, dryers, microwaves, air conditioners, walk-behind lawnmowers (free of oil and gas) and refrigerators (doors must be removed) at no cost. Contact Advanced Disposal directly to schedule a Wednesday pick-up. Residents that have alley access, must place these items in the alley. For residents with no alley access, place items at the curb.