Halloween Trick or Treat Hours and Safety
Halloween Trick or Treat hours are from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31st. The Police Department offers the following tips for a safe and spooky Halloween:
- Children should only go to homes where parents know the residents and stay on the porch or front steps to receive treats
- Children should cross the street at the intersection, not in the middle of the street or between parked cars
- Adults should inspect all candy before it is eaten
- Costumes should allow the child to see and hear perfectly. Little ghosts and goblins should be able to hear and see vehicles
- Costumes should be bright colored or have glowin-the-dark patches so drivers can see the children. Flashlights and glow-sticks can help!
- Go with the kids! It’s safer for them
For residents passing out treats, please leave the porch light on during the Trick or Treat hours. It is safer for the children and lets them know treats are available at this home.