Join the fun at two family-friendly Open Houses
Sunday, May 5, 2019
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wilmette Historical Museum
609 Ridge Road
• Take a step back in time to the original Gross Point Village Hall, built in 1896
• Check out new exhibits “All that Glitters” and “Old Gross Point” as well as our new interactive map of Wilmette.
• Kids can get “locked up” in the original jail cell in the basement!
• Free concert in front of the Museum by the Wilmette Community Band, 12 – 1 p.m.
• Tour the Museum and play a family-friendly game of Wilmette Bingo.
• Plant cucumber seeds to take home and learn about Wilmette’s pickle history.
• Visit the research room after 12:30 p.m. for information about the history of your house.
• Free cookies!
Wilmette Police Department
710 Ridge Road
• Complete tour of Police Department including lock-up & firearms range
• Mug shots for children (Please bring your own camera)
• NIPAS Display (regional SWAT Team)
• Northeast Illinois Regional Crime Lab
• Incident Command Vehicle
• Major Crimes Task Force vehicle
• Canine Unit Presentations
• U.S. Coast Guard
• Free hot dogs! Stop by and have some lunch after your tour. Sponsored by the Wilmette Optimist Club