Utility Billing

Wilmette property owners are billed for water, sewer and refuse on a quarterly basis at the following rates:

Water: $2.75 per 100 cubic feet

Sewer: $4.40 per 100 cubic feet

Refuse Collection: $23.75 per month

In addition to the water, sewer and refuse rates above, each customer is charged a quarterly water meter fee based on the size of the meter. The water meter fee schedule is below:

Water Meter Fee
Meter Size Quarterly Fee
5/8″ $0.67
3/4″ $1.08
1″ $1.33
1.5″ $5.41
2.0″ $19.16
3.0″ $43.45
4.0″ $63.33

Final Water Meter Reads

Property owners can request a final meter read by clicking here.  Please enter the property address and the Incident Type.  Once entered, you will receive an incident number.  Our Accounts Receivable staff will confirm your request within two business days.  For questions, please contact the Finance Department at 847-251-2700 or ar@wilmette.com.  Final reads are conducted on an as needed basis and should be scheduled two weeks prior to the required read date.  Final meter reads are required when a home is being sold.

Water Bill Name Changes

New home owners should contact Finance Department to establish the new account is in the proper name. Tenants who are responsible for their water bills should follow similar procedures. Note – all landlords should notify the Finance Department if a particular property is being leased so that we can apprise them, as well as the tenant, of any issues pertaining to their account.  For rental properties, a service request can be done by clicking here.  Please enter the property address and Incident Type.  You will receive confirmation of your request within two business days.  Please contact the Finance Department at 847-251-2700 or ar@wilmette.com with questions.

Construction Water Billing

When a service address is not equipped with a water meter, including water service for construction activities temporarily supplied, the water customer will be billed a flat rate of $5.15 per day on their water bill as required by the Village Code. For more information about your water bill, contact the Finance Department at 847-251-2700. For more information about building permit fees, contact the Community Development Department at (847) 853-7550.

Where Can I Pay My Utility Bills?

  • Residents can pay online 24/7 here.
  • Residents can place payments in an envelope with your account number clearly indicated on your check and place it in one of the green Village of Wilmette drop boxes at the following locations:
    • Wilmette CTA Station – 4th and Linden Ave
    • Village Hall – 1200 Wilmette Ave
    • Wilmette METRA Station
    • Wilmette Recreational Center – 2300 Glenview Rd
  • Residents may also mail in a check or pay in person at the Wilmette Village Hall, office hours are Monday – Friday 7:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Village Hall mailing address is below:

Village of Wilmette

1200 Wilmette Ave

Wilmette, IL 60091