Since 1893, The Wilmette Fire Department has prided itself on providing a selfless group of highly trained professionals who are committed to honorably serving the community.
Today, our mission continues to adhere to the principals and values established by those who came before us.
“The members of the Wilmette Fire Department are dedicated to the preservation of life, while displaying the utmost pride in our profession through an unwavering commitment to our community and each other.”
We accomplish this by providing advanced emergency medical care, modern fire suppression tactics and effective fire prevention programs.
Honesty …in both our leadership and our employees, leading to the highest level of trustworthiness.
Integrity …in our dealings with each other and those we serve, always adhering to a sound code of moral and ethical conduct.
Teamwork …as we believe that availing ourselves of each person’s talent enhances the services we deliver and that cooperation improves our relationships.
Commitment to Excellence …demonstrating itself through consistent professionalism, pride, and a positive attitude.
Knowledge …as it forms the foundation for effective decisions, actions, and increased safety.
Respect …for each person as an individual, an attitude that recognizes the worth of others and exhibits compassion for those in need.
The Members of the Wilmette Fire Department…
- strive to be role models in the community and leaders in our profession.
- will be accountable to those we serve, each other and any fire service organizations we interact with.
- are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
- will take the fire department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communications and participative decision-making throughout the organization.
- are committed to our values, mission, and dedicated to our fire service profession.
Our organization is driven to provide a cost effective and efficient fire department while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission and achieving our goals.