The Village of Wilmette is seeking candidates for placement on the Firefighter Eligibility List. The Village is partnering with Morton Grove, Niles, and Park Ridge on a cooperative application and testing process which allows candidates to apply for and test for one or more of the mentioned agencies. To be eligible for placement on Wilmette’s eligibility list, candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) plus one of the following: 60 hours of education from an accredited college or university; two years of military service, Illinois State Fire Marshall’s Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter Certification or current EMT – Paramedic license. Click here to apply and find more details about the application process. The salary range for this position is $69,533 – $103,266 with excellent benefits. Applications and other required documents are due no later than August 28, 2018.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners derives its power and authority from an Act of the General Assembly entitled Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, of Chapter 65 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes. The Wilmette Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is charged with the appointment of all firefighters. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements*:
- 21 to under 35 years of age by date of written exam unless otherwise exempt by state statute;
- U.S. Citizen;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must successfully complete the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Aerial Ladder Climb Exercise within a ONE YEAR PERIOD prior to the date of the written exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) PLUS ONE of the following:
- Sixty (60) hours of education from an accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of military service;
- Illinois State Fire Marshall’s Firefighter II/Basic Operations Firefighter certification;
- Current EMT – Paramedic license from any state or national registration;
*Note that requirements are subject to change. Please check back frequently for updated employment requirements.
The Village of Wilmette established a Final Eligibility Register for Firefighter employment on November 23, 2016 which will remain in effect until November 23, 2018. Please click the link below to view the Final Eligibility Register. Additionally, please check back for future employment opportunities with the Wilmette Fire Department.