Over 70 Wilmette residents serve on 13 boards and commissions. The Village President appoints members to the boards and commissions with the approval of the Village Board. The first step for any resident interested in serving the Village in such a position is to complete a Talent Bank Questionnaire.
The Village is committed to seeking to fill its boards and commissions with a diverse mix of residents which includes, but is not limited to, different races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and socio-economic differences.
There are currently vacancies on the following boards and commissions:
- Electrical Commission, there are currently two vacancies.
- Environmental & Energy Commission, there are currently two vacancies, and one vacancy pending due to term expiration.
- Housing Commission, there are currently seven vacancies.
- Human Relations Commission, there are currently three vacancies, four vacancies pending due to term expirations, and two Student Commissioner vacancies.
- Zoning Board of Appeals, there is currently one vacancy
Click here to download a Talent Bank Questionnaire. Questionnaires should be returned to the Deputy Village Clerk in the Village Manager’s Office at Village Hall, please submit a resume along with your talent bank questionnaire. You can drop off your questionnaire in person or email it to Karen Norwood, Deputy Village Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talent Bank Questionnaires can also be completed online via Google Forms. Click here to access the online TBQ.
For more information on specific boards or commissions, click on the links to the left. Each board and commission page will include the mission statement, meeting documents, current members and their term dates, and staff liaison contact information. If you’re interested in serving on a board or commission and would like further information, please contact the staff liaison for the board or commission in which you are interested in.
- Village staff will proactively communicate upcoming vacancies to the community.
- The Village President and staff will review upcoming vacancies and TBQs.
- The Village President will discuss needs of boards and commissions with staff and ensure the board or commission chair is also consulted.
- The Village President will interview of selected candidate(s)
- Village staff will recommend a candidate to the Village Board in advance of placing the recommendation of appointment on the public agenda.
- Candidates will be introduced at a public meeting off of the consent agenda (candidate to briefly address the Village Board).
- The Village President will include a written memorandum in the Board’s public agenda material describing the candidate’s qualifications when they are recommended for appointment.
In addition to the volunteer Boards and Commissions, there are six Committees of the Village Board comprised of Village Trustees. Click here for more information on Village Board Committees.
This page was updated on 10/21/20.