September 19, 2022 will be the 150th anniversary of Wilmette’s incorporation. In an effort to prepare for our sesquicentennial celebration, the Village created a committee to direct the planning and implementation of a celebration consisting of one or more community events.
The primary goals of the committee is to determine what form the celebration should take. Having a committee will serve several purposes:
- Encourage as much community participation as possible (promotion)
- Get direction on ideas for events/activities (have broadest appeal)
- Create partnerships with other groups (for coordination and variety of activities)
- Tap necessary expertise (fund raising, advertising, sponsorship, event planning)
In the hopes of promoting community engagement in the celebration planning process, the Sesquicentennial Planning Committee sent an invitation to various community groups seeking their ideas for the celebration. Click here to view the invitation.
- John Jacoby, Co-Chair
- Nancy Canafax, Co-Chair
- Christopher Canning, Co-Chair
- Vern Squires, Co-Chair
- Alice Chow
- Beth Drucker
- Kathy Hussey-Arntson
- Anne Kelly
- Lisa McDonald
- George Pearce
- Alan Swanson
- Lindsay Thomas
- Julie Yusim
Lisa Roberts, Assistant Director of Community Development
- (847) 853-7529
Agendas & Minutes
This page was updated on 02/10/2021.