The Transportation Commission shall perform the following duties:
- Designate areas to be posted “no parking 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.” and conduct the hearing procedure therefor in Section 13-8.4 of this code.
- Designate residential permit parking areas in accordance with the survey and hearing procedure specified in Sections 13-8.21.1, 13-8.21.2 and 13-8.21.3 of this code.
- Conduct such studies as the Village Board may request of it from time to time and make such recommendations as are appropriate.
- Designate locations in the village where it is necessary to place school crossing guards; such designations shall be pursuant to and in accordance with the report for evaluating needs for crossing guards.
- Monitor transportation issues within the village and recommend to the Village Board ways to coordinate village, other public, and private transportation actions to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
- Act as liaison with PACE, CTA, RTA, METRA, and other public and private entities which provide transportation services affecting the Village of Wilmette.
Libby Braband, Chair
Commissioners serve a four year term, for a maximum of two terms.