The Zoning Board of Appeals shall have the following powers and duties, to be carried out in accordance with the Zoning Ordinance:
- To hear and decide all appeals from an administrative order, requirements, decision, or determination, as specified in Article 4 of Chapter 20 of the Village Code (the Zoning Ordinance), made by the Zoning Administrator pursuant to the terms of the Zoning Ordinance; and
- To hear and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on all requests for variation from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance; and
- To hear and make recommendation to the Board of Trustees on all applications for special uses; and
- To adopt such rules of procedure, not in conflict with the Zoning Ordinance or other applicable ordinances, as are necessary for the administration of its duties consistent with the Zoning Ordinance; and
- Such additional powers that may be necessary and appropriate to exercise the powers enumerated above.
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Village Hall.
Click here to view the Welcome Handbook of the Zoning Board, which outlines the Zoning Board meeting process.
- Bradley Falkof
- Appointed 3/10/20. Term ends 3/10/25.
- John Kolleng
- Reappointed 10/1/15. Term ends 10/1/20.
- Christine Norrick
- Appointed 4/10/18. Term ends 4/10/23.
- Ryrie Pellaton
- Appointed 6/11/19. Term ends 6/11/24.
- Reinhard Schneider, Chair
- Reappointed 7/8/19. Term ends 7/8/24.
- Bob Surman
- Reappointed 7/23/18. Term ends 7/23/23
- Maria Choca Urban
- Appointed 8/2/19. Term ends 8/2/24.
Lisa Roberts, Assistant Community Development Director
- (847) 853-7529
Board members serve a term of five years, with a maximum of two terms.
If you are interested in serving on this or any other board or commission, complete and submit the Talent Bank Questionnaire found here.
Preferred Qualifications for Board Membership
Previous work or experience in the fields of architecture, real estate, legal, finance, urban planning, and construction.
This page was updated on 10/14/20.