The Zoning Board of Appeals shall have the following powers and duties, to be carried out in accordance with the Zoning Ordinance:
- To hear and decide all appeals from an administrative order, requirements, decision, or determination, as specified in Article 4 of Chapter 20 of the Village Code (the Zoning Ordinance), made by the Zoning Administrator pursuant to the terms of the Zoning Ordinance; and
- To hear and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on all requests for variation from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance; and
- To hear and make recommendation to the Board of Trustees on all applications for special uses; and
- To adopt such rules of procedure, not in conflict with the Zoning Ordinance or other applicable ordinances, as are necessary for the administration of its duties consistent with the Zoning Ordinance; and
- Such additional powers that may be necessary and appropriate to exercise the powers enumerated above.
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Village Hall.
Click here to view the Welcome Handbook of the Zoning Board, which outlines the Zoning Board meeting process.
As of April 24the ZBA is made up of the following members:
Patrick Duffy, Chairman
Board members serve a term of five years, with a maximum of two terms.