Permits are required to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the community.
Permits are required for a variety of activities including:
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of residential properties
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of commercial properties
- Block Party Permits
- Alarm User Permits
- Public Demonstration Permits
- Temporary Food Events
- Towing/Booting License
- Dumpster Permit Application & Fee Information
- Utility Permits in the ROW (e.g. telecommunications, cable, gas, electric, etc.)
Click here for a comprehensive list of what work requires a permit.
Effective January 1, 2013
When a service address is not equipped with a water meter, including water service for construction activities temporarily supplied, the water customer will be billed a flat rate of $5.15 per day on their water bill. For more information about your water bill, contact the Finance Department at (847) 251-2700.