***NOTICE! VILLAGE HALL IS OPERATING WITH REDUCED BUSINESS HOURS AND SERVICES PROVIDED***
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Community Development and Engineering Departments have made temporary service adjustments until further notice. Click here for a full list of current in-person services provided and operating business hours. Staff will continue to be available by telephone and email during regular business hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please call the Community Development Department at (847) 853-7550. If your call is not answered, please leave a voicemail message; a permit clerk will return your call as soon as possible. Requests for inspection must be confirmed over the phone; please do not assume that an inspection has been scheduled just by leaving a voicemail message. Inspections will be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
*COVID inspection requirements*
If your project requires an inspection, please note the following requirements:
- Everyone present must wear a face covering for the duration of the inspection.
- Only the required contractor(s) may be present inside during an inspection.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 6’ must be maintained for the duration of the inspection.
- Any home occupants should go outside or relocate to a completely separate part of the house for the duration of the inspection.
- The inspectors reserve the right to refuse an inspection at any time.
- If you have any special concerns or considerations, please review directly with the inspector.
For current information about engineering inspections, visit their inspection web page.
If you wish to apply for a permit, you may use the permit pages below and email your application and submittals to email@example.com. Electronic submittals are the preferred format at this time. Paper submittals can be dropped off in a bin in the vestibule of Village Hall on the east (fountain) side of the building, which will be open limited hours during the weekday, however since staff will not be on the premises, these submittals will not be processed as quickly as electronic submittals. Please see the permit checklist for a description of what types of submittals are required for your project. For addition and new home projects, see the Construction and Demolition Handbook for complete details.Fillable building permit application - Pages A and C
Fillable building permit application with engineering grading and right-of-way permits - Pages A-B-C *Updated 2021*
Fillable dumpster permit application
Fillable fence permit application
Fillable hydrant rig form
Fillable portable storage container application
Fillable roof permit application
Fillable site development plan form
Fillable tree removal permit application
For all other permit-related forms, visit Applications & Forms.
Permits will continue to be issued. Payment will only be taken online. When you are contacted that your permit is ready to issue, you will be given instructions on how to arrange for online payment and obtaining your permit card and approved permit drawings.
Community Development – (847) 853-7550 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering – (847) 853-7660 – email@example.com
Permits are required to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the community.
Permits are required for a variety of activities including:
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of residential properties
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of commercial properties
- Block Party Permits
- Alarm User Permits
- Public Demonstration Permits
- Solicitor Permit
- Temporary Food Events
- Towing/Booting License
- Dumpster Permit Application & Fee Information
- Utility Permits in the ROW (e.g. telecommunications, cable, gas, electric, etc.)
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Permit
Click here for a comprehensive list of what work requires a permit.
Click for the current construction permit fee schedule.
See the Applications & Forms tab to the left for all available permit-related documents.