Permits are required to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the community.
View Permits Online!
Permit information may now be viewed online. Click HERE for the online permit access.
Permits are required for a variety of activities including:
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of residential properties
- Construction, remodeling or rehabbing of commercial properties
- Block Party Permits
- Alarm User Permits
- Public Demonstration Permits
- Temporary Food Events
- Towing/Booting License
- Dumpster Permit Application & Fee Information
- Utility Permits in the ROW (e.g. telecommunications, cable, gas, electric, etc.)
Click here for a comprehensive list of what work requires a permit.
Effective January 1, 2013
When a service address is not equipped with a water meter, including water service for construction activities temporarily supplied, the water customer will be billed a flat rate of $5.15 per day on their water bill. For more information about your water bill, contact the Finance Department at (847) 251-2700.