The Village requires a Public Demonstration Permit for the following activities that utilize the Village rights-of-way:
- A march, demonstration, parade, procession, motorcade, foot race, marathon, walk-a-thon, bicycle race, bicycle tour, bike-a-thon or other similar organized event consisting of persons, animals or vehicles, or a combination thereof, moving upon the public streets or public rights-of-way within the Village that interferes with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic upon said streets or rights-of-way.
- A meeting, demonstration, picket line, rally or gathering of more than 25 persons for a common purpose as a result of prior planning that interferes with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or occupies any Village property in a place held open to the general public as an open public forum or public place of assembly.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION PERMIT APPLICATION. For more information and to submit an application, contact the Deputy Village Clerk at 847-853-7511 or fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Please submit the application at least 45 days in advance of the event.
Permits are not required for the following:
- A “block party” that has received a permit from the Police Department
- A “temporary use” subject to approval by the Board of Trustees
- Funeral processions
- Students going to and from school classes or participating in educational activities, provided such conduct is under the immediate direction and supervision of the proper school authorities
- Official activity of officers or employees of a unit of local government, the State of Illinois, or the United States of America
- Spontaneous events occasioned by news or affairs coming into public knowledge within three days of such public assembly, provided that the organizer thereof gives written notice to the Village Manager at least 24 hours prior to such parade or public assembly.
Contact Village Manager’s Office
Recipient: Village Manager’s Office
* Indicates required field