Permits are required for the protection of the property owner, neighbors, and Village. Work that requires a permit is listed in the table below. Please note that the table is not all inclusive. Click here to select permit-related documents.
When in doubt, please contact the Community Development Department by completing the form below or at (847) 853-7550.
- Air Conditioning
- Artificial turf
- New Construction
- Portable Storage Containers
- Swimming Pools/Spas
- Tents (in conjunction with a Temporary Use)
- Tree houses with supports in the ground
- Work in the Public Right-of-Way
Follow the links at the left to see what submittals are required for a permit application, permit fees and extensions, the the time it takes for a permit to be issued. In addition to zoning requirements, demolition and construction permit applications must meet applicable building codes. The entire list of applicable codes may be viewed here.
Permits are not required for the following residential work, but such installations must meet zoning regulations. Please contact the Community Development Department at (847) 853-7550 or at email@example.com for the relevant zoning regulations.
- Basketball hoops, free standing
- Driveway sealcoating
- Flag poles
- Flooring, new or replacement (wood, tile, etc.)
- Gutters and downspouts
- Ice rink, temporary
- Playground equipment
- Play houses 64 square feet or less
- Satellite dishes, 18″ or less in diameter
- Sheds 64 square feet or less
- Tents for residential use (parties, etc.)
- Tree houses supported solely by a tree or trees
- Window air conditioners
- Window and door replacement within an existing opening (single-family homes only)
Contact Community Development
* Indicates required field
Last updated 9/28/2023,