Target Timeframes to Permit Issuance
Permits that may be issued the same day or next day include permits for the following. Permits filed electronically will take longer for issuance.
- Fences for single-family properties
- Dumpsters on private property
- Portable storage containers on private property
- Roofs for single-family properties
- Portable storage containers on private property for single-family properties
- Water/sewer repair
Providing complete and accurate permit submittals is critical for prompt permit review and faster permit issuance. Click here to see what submittals are required are required for your project. When in doubt, please contact the Community Development Department at email@example.com and (847) 853-7550.
Permits for single-family residential new construction are currently taking approximately 8 weeks to be issued.
Permits for single-family residential additions are currently taking approximately 6 weeks to be issued.
Permits for single-family residential interior remodeling and renovation are currently taking approximately 3 weeks to be issued.
Last updated 9/28/2023.