Submittal Requirements for Solar PV Permit Applications
Completed permit application (pages A and C)
Boundary Plat of Survey
Two copies of a site plan with proposed panel locations including setbacks to all property lines
Two sets of construction plans including:
- Height of proposed panels above finished grade to height of highest point of panels above grade
- Wiring diagrams (one line drawing) and locations of all equipment
- Setbacks from roof ridge(s), valley(s) and edge(s).
- Cut sheets of the proposed equipment and solar panels
- Installation instructions
- All solar panels shall meet the rapid shutdown requirements in accordance with the 2014 National Electrical Code, Article 690.12
- All solar panels shall meet the zoning requirements in accordance with Section 30-13.4 (t) of the Village Code
Stamped/signed Structural Engineer or Architect letter assessing roof structure and any plans necessary to make the supporting structure comply with a minimum 30 psf snow load in addition to the proposed dead load. All mounting systems and anchoring shall be included on the plans.
Complete applications will be processed within 10 business days.
Learn More About Solar
ComEd has an interactive Solar Calculator to help you determine whether solar is a good idea for you and your property. Visit their website at ComEd.com/Solar.
For additional solar resources, please visit our Solar Energy page.