POLICE OFFICER APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
How to apply:
- Free applications available online
- You may complete the form electronically and e-mail a saved copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or print and mail, or deliver the form to:
Wilmette Police Department
710 Ridge Road
Wilmette, IL 60091
For questions, please contact Management Assistant Emily Janowiak at email@example.com or (847) 853-7549.
Testing Information for Entry Level Only – (In-person and Virtual testing options available):
Entry Level Applicants must attend one of the following testing sessions:
- Sunday, October 15, 2023. In-person testing will take place at 9:00 AM at Loyola Academy located at 1100 Laramie Avenue, Wilmette, IL 60091. Additional details to be released at a later time.
- Virtual testing the week of October 16, 2023, during business hours. You will take the exam in your own home, and each will be proctored virtually. The exact date and time for the virtual testing session will be determined at a later time.
For more information on compensation and benefits see the below informational packets.
If you are interested in receiving updates regarding Wilmette Police Recruitment for 2024, please click on this link to be added to our email/text message list.
- 2023 Salary $86,085 – $113,412
- 12-hour patrol shifts with every other weekend off
- 96 hours of holiday time off per year
- 80 hours of vacation time accrued during the first year
- 96 hours of annual sick leave accrued during the first year
- 24 hours of emergency leave time annually
- Uniforms/equipment provided plus an annual $700 uniform allowance
- Officer wellness incentive program
- Membership in the Wilmette Police Pension Fund
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Deferred compensation plan
- Outstanding training and career development opportunities
- Post-employment health care plan