Social Services

The Police Counselor position has existed since 1970. The Counselor offers assessment, referral and short term counseling services to residents of Wilmette who are referred by the Police or other Village Departments.
The Police Counselor is available for residents to call to obtain resource or referral information. Our Counselor also assists victims and family members during crisis such as suicide, domestic violence and child abuse. In addition, Social Services will respond to geriatric concerns by helping to link the elderly residents with the appropriate services. In cases of domestic violence, assistance is provided to the victims to obtain Order of Protection from the court system.
Nellie Aron, MS, LCPC
Police Counselor
The Crisis Response Network for the North Shore Guide includes numbers for various Hotlines, Police Social Workers, Community Clergy Resources, and more.