Contractor: J.A. Johnson Paving Co.
Project Contact: Ryan Kearney, P.E., Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-853-7629
The Village of Wilmette implements an annual Road Program to maintain the safety and operation of the nearly 65-miles of Village-owned, non-brick roadways. The program consists of street resurfacing and intermittent repairs to damaged concrete curbs, sidewalk, and utility structures located in the public Right-of-Way.
In 2019, the Village Board approved an enhanced budget for the 2020 Road Program in order to improve the overall pavement condition of Wilmette streets.
Scope of Work
The typical scope of work for the Road Program includes the following construction tasks:
- Construct minor repairs to utility structures and sewer sections.
- Replace deteriorated curbs and sidewalks.
- Mill the existing pavement surface and pave a new hot-mix asphalt surface.
- Replace driveway apron sections that were impacted by curb or sidewalk repairs.
- Restore parkway areas that were disturbed by construction activities.
Construction began in early June; the anticipated completion date is late-September. Construction activities will occur at various locations and times during this period. Staff will post weekly progress updates below during the project:
- Village Board Contract Award
- 2020 Program Location Map
- Letter #1 – Program Announcement (Sample)
- Letter #2 – Construction Notice (Sample)
- Resident Satisfaction Survey Letter (Sample)
This page was last updated on September 11, 2020.