The Village was successful in securing federal grant funds for the Skokie Boulevard and Lake Avenue Intersection Improvement project. The scope of work includes the following:
- Modifications to the intersection geometry.
- Pedestrian facility enhancements.
- Resurfacing Lake Avenue.
- A multi-use path on Skokie Boulevard from Lake Avenue to Illinois Road.
Skokie Boulevard and Lake Avenue are under the jurisdiction of the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and Cook County, respectively. The Village will act as the project lead and manage all phases of the work.
- To view the meeting packet from the Municipal Services Committee meeting on November 16, 2020, please click here.
- To view the presentation from the Public Information Meeting on May 20, 2021, please click here.
The construction contract for the intersection improvements was awarded to Capital Cement Company and work is schedule to begin in Summer 2023 with an anticipated completion of Fall 2023. During construction, the Village will maintain 2-way traffic. However, intermittent daytime lane closures will be required to complete the work. Access to residences and businesses within the work zone will be maintained throughout construction.
The award of the construction contract for the new multi-use path along Skokie Boulevard will not occur until 2024, with an anticipated construction start date of 2025.
- Intersection improvements: Summer 2023 to Fall 2023
- Multi-use path along Skokie Boulevard: 2025
Please contact Dan Manis, Village Engineer, at (847) 853-7602 or email@example.com with any questions.
This page was last updated May 1, 2023.