The Village of Wilmette continues to actively monitor coronavirus (COVID-19). The Village has been receiving updates from the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19 and will share that information with the community as needed. For the most up to date information on state, regional, and local case count information please visit the IPDH website or the CCDPH website.
With the COVID-19 Vaccine becoming more widely available, the state of Illinois has begun to track vaccine administration throughout the state. Click here for up to date state-wide information regarding vaccine administration.
|Illinois Department of Public Health Map||Cook County Department of Public Health Map|
On May 5, 2020, Governor Pritzker released the details of Restore Illinois, a public health approach to safely reopen our state. The plan details the five phases of reopening that are based on public health metrics.
On June 11, 2021, Illinois moved to a full reopening, also known as Phase 5, the final phase of the Restore Illinois COVID-19 plan. The state will eliminate all capacity limits on businesses, large-scale events, conventions, amusement parks, and all other venues. Mask requirements for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals continue to align with CDC guidelines. Click here to learn more. Here is what the new guidelines mean for residents:
- Masks for fully vaccinated people: Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear masks in indoor and outdoor settings. Businesses may continue to require masks and social distancing, please respect business’ rules.
- Masks for the unvaccinated: Unvaccinated people should continue to wear face masks in large crowds, especially when children are present. Outdoors, unvaccinated people may choose not to wear a face mask if they can maintain social distancing. Immunocompromised people should also continue to wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Where everyone should still wear a mask: In accordance with CDC guidelines, the following places are where fully vaccinated and unvaccinated people should continue to wear face masks and practice social distancing: public transportation, congregate settings and health care facilities.
- Capacity limits: Remaining capacity limits, social distancing guidelines are lifted for businesses, large-scale events, conventions, amusement parks and seated-spectator venues.
- Schools: Students, staff and faculty in schools, day care settings and educational institutions should continue to follow the COVID-19 guidelines of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and Illinois State Board of Education.
- Businesses: All businesses and venues should continue to support social distancing to the greatest extent possible, especially in indoor settings.
The Village continues to work with community partners to focus on three key priorities including prevention, preparedness, and communication. The goal of these efforts is to promote the health and safety of our residents, businesses, guests, employees, and community.
Note: This webpage will be updated and revised as necessary. This page was last updated June 11, 2021.