The Village of Wilmette continues to actively monitor coronavirus (COVID-19). The Village has been receiving updates from the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19 and will share that information with the community as needed. For the most up to date information on state, regional, and local case count information please visit the IPDH website or the CCDPH website.
With the COVID-19 Vaccine becoming more widely available, the state of Illinois has begun to track vaccine administration throughout the state. Click here for up to date state-wide information regarding vaccine administration.
|Illinois Department of Public Health Map||Cook County Department of Public Health Map|
On May 5, 2020, Governor Pritzker released the details of Restore Illinois, a public health approach to safely reopen our state. The plan details the five phases of reopening that are based on public health metrics.
Currently, Illinois is in Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois reopening plan. However, due to an increase in COVID-19 cases, the Phase 5 classification comes with certain provisions aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19. These provisions include requiring face coverings when in indoor public places (i.e. sports venues, restaurants, office buildings, businesses, etc.), and vaccination/weekly testing requirements for certain individuals. Click here to learn more. Here is what the new guidelines mean for residents:
- Masks: Masks are required for individuals over age 2, who can medically tolerate wearing a face mask, when in indoor public places. Additionally, employees must wear masks when working indoors, unless a distance of at least 6 feet can be consistently maintained (such as when working in an office or cubicle). More information can be found here.
- Capacity limits: Remaining capacity limits, social distancing guidelines are lifted for businesses, large-scale events, conventions, amusement parks and seated-spectator venues.
- Schools: Students, staff and faculty in schools, day care settings and educational institutions should continue to follow the COVID-19 guidelines of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and Illinois State Board of Education (which can be found here and here).
- Businesses: Businesses should post clear signage informing their patrons of the face covering requirement.
- Vaccination/Weekly Testing Requirements: Health care workers, school personnel, higher education personnel and students, and state-employees or contractors who work at state-owned or operated congregate facilities are required to be fully-vaccinated or undergo weekly testing in place of the vaccine.
The Village continues to work with community partners to focus on three key priorities including prevention, preparedness, and communication. The goal of these efforts is to promote the health and safety of our residents, businesses, guests, employees, and community.
Note: This webpage will be updated and revised as necessary. This page was last updated November 30, 2021.