- Stay at Home Order FAQ’s
- CDC Self-Checker
- IDPH – what to do if Sick
- Economic Assistance – State of Illinois
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- General Prevention Guidelines
Resident Assistance Programs
Village of Wilmette
There are several Village-sponsored programs that are able to provide financial assistance to residents. Click here for more information on available programs.
New Trier Township
There are several programs offered by New Trier Township that are able to provide financial assistance to residents. Click here for more information on available programs.
Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Inc. (CEDA) Utility Payment Relief Programs. Eligibility and Application information can be found in the below links.
State of Illinois
ComEd and Nicor Customer Assistance Program
- ComEd has created a new bill payment assistance program to help assist those who may be experiencing financial hardship. Click here for program eligibility and application information.
- Nicor has created a bill payment assistance program to help assist those who may be experiencing financial hardship. Click here for program eligibility and application information.
Opportunities to Help
- Community Caretaker Program
- In response to COVID-19, the Village of Wilmette is looking to coordinate with other local organizations within the Village to provide caretaker services to help support the Village’s elderly and disabled population. Click here for more information on this program.
- Healthy adults can explore virtual and in-person volunteer opportunities during the COVID-19 response effort.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) donations
- Blood Donation
- Food Pantries
Mental Health Resources – Courtesy of New Trier Township
Bored at home? Take advantage of these fun activities!
- Your Wilmette Public Library card gives you access to the Digital Library of Illinois‘s collection of e-books and audiobooks.
- Wilmette Park District – Bust the Boredom
- Brookfield Zoo’s #BringTheZooToYou campaign on Facebook features different animals each day!
- The Kohl Children’s Museum has great at-home activity ideas and virtual story time.
- Watch the penguins explore the Shedd Aquarium from Facebook and Instagram.
- Something is roaming around the Field Museum…
- Here are 12 museums around the world to visit online today
- Keep your kids busy with this fun coloring journal page!
Village E-News COVID-19 Archive
- February 19th: Black History Month Student Contest, Winter Weather Safety Tips, & COVID-19 Update.
- February 11th: Chief Wozney Retirement, COVID-19 Update, & Community Caretakers.
- February 5th: Village Board to Hear Public Comment on Master Bike and Active Transportation Plan
- January 29th: Village Board to Discuss Recreational Cannabis Next Thursday, Feb. 4
- January 25th: COVID-19 Vaccination Resources & Updates
- January 22nd: COVID-19 Vaccination Resources, Share Your Input at Upcoming Village Meetings
- January 15th: MLK Jr Day, Village Hall Reopens
- January 8th: COVID-19 Update, Village Board Meetings
- January 4th: COVID-19 Vaccination Resources & Updates
- December 30th: Happy New Year, Winter Parking Ban, Holiday Recycling
- December 23rd: Happy Holidays; Service Updates; Shop Local
- December 18th: Give the Gift of Local, COVID-19 Vaccine Update, Holiday Service Impacts
- December 15th: Shop Local This Holiday Season
- December 11th: Village Board Highlights and Healthy Holidays Information
- December 4th: 2021 Budget Approved, Waste Management Mailing, Quarantine vs. Isolation
- November 25th: Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 20th: Village Hall Closure, Thanksgiving Service Updates
- November 17th: Statewide Tier 3 COVID-19 Resurgence Mitigations to Begin 11/20/20
- November 13th: Economic Relief Package, COVID-19 Updates, Holiday Lights Recycling
- November 6th: Veterans Day, Cannabis Referendum, Pumpkin Pitch
- October 30th: Election Day Updates, Village Board Approves Optima Development
- October 24th: 2020 Election
- October 23rd: Village Meetings Next Week, COVID-19 updates, Resident Volunteers Needed!
- October 17th: COVID-19 Cases Rise in Wilmette and State
- October 16th: Village Board Recap, COVID-19 Update, Pumpkin Pitch
- October 9th: Cannabis Referendum FAQs, Early Voting, Unauthorized Use of Logo on Roofing Mailer
- October 2nd: Halloween; Fight the Flu; Political Signs
- September 25th: Wilmette PD Crime Alert; Elmwood Dunes Reopening
- September 18th: Construction Updates; Local COVID-19 Data; Complete the Count
- September 11th: Local COVID-19 Update; Village is Hiring, 2020 Election
- September 4th: Suburban Cook County at COVID-19 “Warning” Level; Labor Day Service Impacts
- August 28th: Masks Support Wilmette Businesses; Final Weekend of Tableside Tunes; Administration Committee Meeting 9/3
- August 21st: COVID-19 Positive Test Rates Increasing in Wilmette; Tree Planting Application
- August 14th: Cannabis Referendum Resources, 2020 Election Key Dates, Housing Assistance
- August 7th: COVID-19 Cases Rise in Suburbs, Virtual Fire Station Tour, Live Music Downtown
- July 31st: Village Board Approves Cannabis Referendum, What Local COVID Data Means for Wilmette
- July 24th: Board to Vote on Cannabis Referendum, Downtown Streetscape Open House, West Nile Prevention
- July 17th: COVID-19 Updates, Social Distance Sidewalk Sale, Tableside Tunes
- July 10th: Covering for Others, Wilmetteonomics Campaign, Tableside Tunes
- July 2nd: Happy Fourth of July, Phase 4 Quick Guide, Outdoor Music
- June 26th: Illinois Enters Phase 4 of Reopening Plan, #MaskOnWilmette, Outdoor Music
- June 19th: Downtown Dining Music, July Fourth Events Cancelled, Housing Our Own – Wilmette Raffle
- June 12th: Demonstrations in Wilmette, Live Music & Outdoor Dining, Fire Dept. Blood Drive
- June 5th: Limited Village Reopening, Outdoor Dining, French Market Reopening
- May 29th: Phase 3 Starts Today, Congratulations Class of 2020
- May 22nd: Memorial Day Virtual Event, Restore IL Phase 3, #PushupChallenge
- May 15th: What Restore Illinois Means for Wilmette, Permits Reminder, Mental Health Resources
- May 8th: Reopening Illinois, Public Service Recognition Week, Happy Mother’s Day
- May 1: Extended Order Guidelines, Construction Updates, Outdoor Activities and Tips
- April 24: Modified Stay at Home Order, Books with Badges, Documenting COVID-19
- April 17th: Special E-News Face Masks
- April 17th: Village Responds and Adapts
- April 10th: Community Spirit and Village Updates
- April 8th: Village Updates and How to Help Yourself and Others
- April 3rd: Village Updates and Encouragement
- April 1st: Working Together as a Community
- March 27th: Focus on Residents
- March 26th: Support for Local Businesses
- March 26th: Wilmette Small Business Tax Rebate Program
- March 24th: Service Updates
- March 21st: Letter from the Village President
- March 20th: Stay at Home Order
- March 19th: Community Caretaker Program
- March 18th: Keep Calm & Carry Out
- March 17th: Village Response
- March 13th: Village Preparations, Trusted Resources, 2020 Census, and Board Recap
- March 12th: Village Services Update
Note: This webpage will be updated and revised as necessary. This page was last updated February 19, 2021.