Beginning Monday, June 14, 2021, Village Hall will resume full operating hours, Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, with the following safety guidelines in place:
- Masks are recommended but not required for vaccinated individuals. Masks are required for non-vaccinated individuals unless otherwise exempted by the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Social distancing is encouraged and spacing requirements for the public waiting in line will be clearly marked.
- Any member of the public that exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19 shall not enter the building.
- Only employees will be allowed in designated work areas.
- Plexiglass barriers will remain installed at the front counters.
The Public Works Facility will be closed to in-person visits until further notice. The Village continues to provide valuable Village services. Staff will be available by telephone and email during regular business hours. Please see below for hours and contact information.
If preferred, residents and businesses can complete all Village business online or by phone.
Bill Payment Updates
- The Village will be accepting payment through the website, via drop-box locations, or by mail at 1200, Wilmette Avenue, Wilmette, IL 60091. Drop box locations can be found at the Metra and CTA parking lots, and Community Recreation Center.
- The Village will be accepting Vehicle Sticker Payments payment through the website, via drop-box locations, or by mail Village of Wilmette, Department #10, PO Box 88565, Carol Stream, IL 60188-0565
- The Village will be accepting Utility Bill Payments through the website, via drop-box locations, or by mail Village of Wilmette, PO Box 6176, Carol Stream, IL 60197-6176
- The Village will continue to schedule Final Meter Readings for a sale of property and tenants moving in and out.
- The Village will issue Real Estate Transfer Stamps (RETT) for a sale of property. We are prepared to issue bills digitally and arrange a pickup of the RETT stamps in person. Please provide email addresses and phone numbers for both the buyer (or representative) and seller (or representative). Importantly, in order to generate an invoice for the RETT stamps, please email a completed copy of the form to email@example.com. See the link below for more information.
- Residential Parking Permits expire on December 31, 2020. Requests for New 2021-2022 Parking Permit stickers to park on specified streets in the Village are fulfilled by the Finance Department. Permits will be valid from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. There is NO CHARGE for the Parking Permit. NOTE: The purchase of a 2021 Village vehicle sticker is required to obtain the 2021-2022 Parking Permit. Requests for permits will only be processed for vehicles that have a valid 2021 Village vehicle sticker. A valid 2021 Village vehicle sticker is required and should be displayed on each vehicle.
- Parking Permit Request – NEW! – Residents may now request Residential Parking Permit(s) online. Once requests are processed, Parking Permit Stickers will be mailed.
- Request By Mail – Residents may complete the Residential Parking Permit Request form and mail to: Village Hall, 1200 Wilmette Ave., Wilmette, IL 60091. Forms will be processed and Parking Permit Stickers will be mailed.
Note: This webpage will be updated and revised as necessary. This page was last updated June 11, 2021.