Are there additional resources available?
You can find more facts, updates, and information on COVID-19, including symptoms and transmission of the virus, at the following links:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- Cook County Department of Public Health
- World Health Organization
Have questions or concerns?
- Call the Illinois Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Hotline at 1 (800) 889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV anytime (24 hours a day, seven days a week).
- If you are sick, first call your primary care doctor. Stay home and limit contact with others. Follow the CDC’s recommendations for “What To Do If You Are Sick.”
- If you or someone you know (adults or children) are experiencing fear and anxiety about Coronavirus, review the CDC’s information about Mental Health and Coping with COVID-19.
To receive up-to-date information, you can:
- Subscribe to official updates from the CDC by signing up here: cdc.gov/Other/emailupdates/
- Receive updates through the IDPH Coronavirus Hotline and email account at 1-800-889-3931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoid Social Gatherings in Groups of More than 10 People
- Avoid Eating or Drinking at Bars, Restaurants, and Food Courts
- Practice Good Hygiene
- Avoid Discretionary Travel, Shopping Trips, and Social Events
- Work or Engage in Schooling from Home Whenever Possible
State Actions and Resources
Local Press Articles
Note: This webpage will be updated and revised as necessary. This page was last updated April 2, 2020