Mr. Timothy J. Frenzer has worked for the Village of Wilmette since 1993 in the capacity of Corporation Counsel and became the Village Manager in July of 2009.
The Village Manager is responsible for day-to-day administrative operation of the municipality. The Village Manager serves as the Village Board’s chief advisor and is also responsible for daily delivery of public services, preparing and submitting a proposed annual budget and hiring and firing personnel.
Under the Illinois Municipal Code, the Village Manager has the power and duty:
- To enforce the laws and ordinances within the municipality.
- To appoint and remove all directors of departments.
- To exercise control of all departments and divisions thereof.
- To attend all meetings of the Village Board with the right to take part in their discussions, but without the right to vote.
- To recommend to the Village Board for adoption such measures as the manager may deem necessary or expedient.
- To perform any other duties required by law or assigned by the council or board of trustees.
For more detailed information about the Council-Manager form of government, visit the International City/County Management Association website.
To contact the Village Manager, complete the form below.