The Water Meter Division, located at the Water Plant, is responsible for the following activities:
- Water meter reading for Wilmette’s 9,000 residential and commercial retail water and sewer customers.
- Manages an on-going meter replacement program that includes all water meters 15 years of age and older. These replacements do require access to the water meter in your home/business and can usually be completed in 30 minutes or less with very little disruption. There is no charge to the owner.
- Coordinates with the Community Development and Finance Departments to manage water meters sizing, service shutoff/restoration during construction activities.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department on final readings during real estate transactions.
- Advises residents on possible causes of low water pressure, high bill concerns, potential leaks, demolitions, and meter removal/re-installations for remodeling projects.
- Oversees the Village’s Cross Connection Control program. This is a program that insures the protection of the potable water supply from contamination at cross connections in the distribution system. For more information on this program, click here.
- Manages the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) program. The AMR system consists of receivers, transceivers, proprietary software and antennas. The Village utilizes a mobile AMR where staff will “drive-by” and collect the meter readings. This involves a laptop with a reading software synchronizing the data to the correct accounts.
If you have any questions regarding your water meter or any related issues please call the Meter Division at (847) 853-7537 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.